To engage a wide range of organisations across the sector and get them thinking about the implications of an ageing society we have been attending meetings and speaking at various conferences and events around the country. We also held a series of roundtable discussions to draw in diverse experts and sector leaders around key topics.
- 19 March: Launch of our final report Decision time at ABI. Catch up via our Storify summary.
- 26 November: Commission roundtable on an ageing society and philanthropy.
- 20 November: Commission roundtable with CIPD on the future of the voluntary sector workforce in an ageing society.
- 11 November: Commission roundtable with charity chairs to discuss implications of an ageing society.
- 4 November: Commission roundtable on an ageing society and children’s and family organisations.
- 30 October: Commission roundtable on an ageing society and BME voluntary organisations.
- 16 October: Commission roundtable with academics to discuss the ageing society.
- 7 July: Joint roundtable with The King’s Fund on the potential roles of the voluntary sector in the new health and social care landscape.
- 26 June: Commission roundtable on the future of fundraising in an ageing society. Our fundraising issue paper following this can be downloaded here.
- 3 June: Commission roundtable on the future of volunteering in an ageing society. Our volunteering issue paper following this can be downloaded here.
- 1 April: Launch of our Age of Opportunity discussion paper at Cripplegate Foundation. Catch up via our Storify summary and download the slides here.
Speaking and attending
- 2 February: Commission Chair Lynne Berry spoke at IVR event Does volunteering in 2015 look so different to what it did in 2008? Catch up via the hashtag #whatchange2015.
- 19 November: Commission Chair Lynne Berry spoke at New Local Government Network’s (NLGN) Reimagining Old Age summit.
- 7 November: Commission Chair Lynne Berry keynote speaker at NCVO National Volunteering Forum > catch up here.
- 2 October: Project Manager Susie Rabin spoke at Age of No Retirement event.
- 25 September: Project Manager Susie Rabin spoke at Greater London Volunteering conference.
- 11 September: Commission Chair Lynne Berry spoke at Acevo’s Women CEO Summit.
- 9 September: Commissioner James Cochrane spoke at Age UK Norfolk AGM.
- 10 July: Commission Chair Lynne Berry spoke at Age England Association conference.
- 23 June: Commission Chair, Lynne Berry, spoke at Goldman Sach’s Charity Leadership Forum.
- 17 June: Commission Project Manager, Susie Rabin, spoke at Age Action Alliance SW’s meeting in Taunton.
- 8 April: Commissioner Dan Corry spoke at the Voluntary Action South West Surrey annual conference, All About People.
Get in touch if you’d like us to speak at your event or you would like more details about any of the events above.